Asus ZenFone 5 will not upgrade-able to Android Marshmallow based on ASUS Android 6.0 Update plan, but there are a lot of developer out there still try to support this device. A couple days ago dgadelha, senior member xda developer create an experimental build CyanogenMod 13 for ASUS ZenFone 5. This ROM is experimental build so there are a lot of bugs, but it’s a huge step for ZenFone 5 development. The original thread is Here.
- No sound when calling
- etc (more)
Files to Download:
- ADB installer (Download)
- CyanogenMod 13 For ZenFone 5 ROM (Download)
- Gapps, choose x86 and android 6.0 (Download)
- Install ZenFone 5 TWRP Recovery (Tutorial Here)
How to Install CyanogenMod 13 on Asus ZenFone 5:
- Download system img and extract, boot.img, Gapps and ADB Tool
- Install ADB Tool
- Copy GApps to your SD-Card and insert to ZenFone 5.
- Create New folder and Place CyanogenMod 13 ROM and Boot img there (systemCM-13.0-20160403-EXPERIMENTAL.img and bootCM-13.0-20160403.img)
- Turn Off your device.
- Reboot into bootloder using Power + Volume UP button.
- Once device in bootloder mode, Connect device with PC using data cable.
- In the ROM folder, Open Windows Commend by Pressing Shift key + right click of the mouse and select the open command here.
- Type at CMD (hit enter after each line):
- Once it finished, Open device in recovery mode by type: adb reboot recovery.
- Select install zip and browse the GApps zip file that you copied and flash it.
- Once it flashed, you should format ( NOT WIPE ) and cache data in TWRP.
- Restart the device and enjoy CM13 on your Zenfone.
fastboot flash boot bootCM-13.0-20160403.img
fastboot flash system systemCM-13.0-20160403-EXPERIMENTAL.img
faceboot erase data
fastboot erase cache