Today ASUS Start to rolling out update Android M for ZenFone 2 series. The first ASUS Smartphone which get Android Marshmallow is ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser ZE500KL. The Marshmallow update for ZenFone 2 Laser ZE500KL is roll out today 11/5/2016 with V188.8.131.52 firmware version.
To update your ZenFone 2 to Marshmallow, Open Settings>About>System Update and click Check for Updates.
Here is the Notice note before updating to Marshmallow
- Software update to Android 6.0 Mashmallow. Internal storage will decrease slightly after update, suggest to back up data and relocate media file (pictures & video clip) to SD card to reserve enough storage before starting the software update.
- Android Marshmallow won’t support APP2SD. Please move apps to internal storage before system upgrades.
- Multi-user function won’t be supported if the account is deleted. Please keep your account to continue usage.
- The apps listed below will no longer be pre-loaded once your device has been upgraded to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
- Omlet 1.
- Data Transfer
- Photo Frame
- ASUS Backup
- Dr. Safety
- What’s next
- Party Link
- Remote Link
- PC Link
- Yahoo Shopping
- Dr. Eye
- Puffin Browser
- Google Settings (Integrated with ASUS Settings)
New Apps as follows:
- Google Calendar
- Google Messenger
- Dr. Booster
Asus Email, Asus Calendar, Asus Messaging will no longer be pre-loaded in this version. You can use Gmail, Google Calendar & Google Messenger provides corresponding services